About the Chamber
Established in 1954
Dynamic Board of Directors representing the community which meets monthly.
Numerous Committee Opportunities for Members including:
- Business and Education Committee
- Membership Committee
- Annual Dinner Committee
- Route 66 Car Show Committee
- Special Events Committee
- Tourism and Economic Development
- Formed Regional Alliance with other chambers to expand networking opportunities for all members and work to strengthen all chambers.
- Worked with Competitive Communities Initiative and was instrumental in forming the Macoupin County Economic Development Public-Private Partnership.
- Formed joint venture with MontgomeryCounty to lobby against proposed Gross Receipts Tax Legislation against business community.
- Increased visibility of Chamber by becoming Regional Chamber in 2008.
- Increased focus as “Voice of Business Community” through numerous activities, events, and seminars.
- Grew membership to over 150 members.
- Created a Restaurant Guide to support member businesses.
- Partner with area businesses to promote economic and social vitality through education and leadership.
- Attract and encourage new business in our area
- Promote tourism and community events that bring visitors to the Carlinville area.
- Communicate with honesty and integrity.